University of Vermont

Animal & Veterinary Sciences Majors Student Handbook


Students working in the lab. There are several ways students may explore research opportunities here on campus.  The student may:

  1. Initially discuss desire to do research with the academic advisor.
  2. Obtain an informational sheet entitled, “Essentials for Undergraduate Research Project Proposal” from the Dean’s office, or Chair’s office.
  3. Visit the Undergraduate Research office at University Heights North, Room 031C (656-5533) or email Gayle Bress at  Undergraduate Research maintains a data base of UVM scientists who welcome undergraduates into their labs to conduct research projects under their mentor ship.  You can also visit Undergraduate Research at UVM on the web.
  4. Talk with professor that she/he would enjoy working with to explore possibility of a research opportunity.
Students may receive academic credit for the research experience.  The Department has an undergraduate research credit course number, which is used when enrolling for credit.  For students doing research in the Medical School, there is no undergraduate course number, however, the Department course number may be used.

There are also many campus wide lab research positions available, which are supported by financial aid monies for those students eligible for financial aid.  If you are looking for lab research experience, and have financial aid, contact the ASCI Administrative Assistant in 102 Terrill Hall at the beginning of the semester to sign up for work study positions. 

Last modified December 07 2016 03:31 PM

Contact UVM © 2018 The University of Vermont - Burlington, VT 05405 - (802) 656-3131