American Society of Animal Science (ASAS) Science Policy Summer Internship Program
experience for undergraduates or graduate students in legislative,
regulatory, or administrative science policy activities in Washington,
DC that affect animal science and animal agriculture to enhance their
careers in academia or industry.
- Provide assistance with
federal legislative, regulatory, or administrative science policy
activities to enhance support for animal science and animal agriculture
in Washington, DC.
- Provide undergraduate or graduate students opportunities to communicate science to policy makers and the general public.
- Encourage more people to choose a career in public policy at the federal, state, or local level.
This is a PAID internship. For more information see: https://www.asas.org/membership-services/public-policy/asas-science-policy-internship
the date of application, students must be enrolled in an undergraduate
or graduate program closely related to animal science (e.g.,
agricultural economics, agricultural business, food science/products,
environment) in an accredited college or university in the United
- Experience with farm animals, equine or companion animals is desired, but not necessary.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Preference will be given to students who are members of ASAS. To join ASAS, go to ASAS.org