Maryland Million, Ltd.
Location: Timonium, Maryland
is a one-day stakes program offering purses totaling $1 million,
restricted to the nominated progeny of nominated stallions standing in
the state. Maryland Million Day is run at either Laurel Park in Laurel,
Maryland, or Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Maryland during the
fall. They offer an 8-week, paid internship (late August through late
This internship will provide an intern with valuable
experience in coordinating and executing a large-scale racing event
while making connections within the Maryland Thoroughbred industry. The
intern will also be exposed to other entities affiliated with Maryland Million Ltd., which include - Maryland Horse Breeders Association, Maryland Horse Industry Foundation, and Mid-Atlantic Thoroughbred magazine.
Intern duties will include:
- working with the Asst. Director and sponsors to ensure that all of
their needs are met and that we have everything we require from them
- Ticketing - assist in mailing invitations, recording RSVPs and distributing tickets leading up to the event
& Silent Auction - recruit and collect items, write item
descriptions for Gala program, assist with editing Gala program
- Hospitality - serve as a host and assist with execution of all events leading up to and on Maryland Million Day
is an 8-week, paid internship. Interns must be currently enrolled at a
University to receive credit. A car is required and the intern must be
willing to drive to various locations for events (Laurel Park, Maryland
Club, etc.). Throughout the 8 weeks, the intern will have an
opportunity to work with a variety of departments within the
organization - social media, website administrator, publication,
magazine circulation, etc. The time spent in each of these will depend
on the intern's specific areas of interest.
- Strong English language background (speaking and writing)
- Interest in and basic knowledge of the Thoroughbred industry in Maryland
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Willingness to learn and "jump in" when needed; ability to work with a team
LOCATION: Maryland Million Ltd Offices - Timonium, MD (some off-site work)
Average 10-20 hours/week (M-F 8am - 5pm; some weekends) NOTE:
They will be flexible and consider the intern's class hours but the
intern must be available to work on a number of event days.
For more information see www.marylandmillion.com
For questions contact Jordyn Egan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maryland Million, Ltd.
PO Box 365
Timonium, MD 21094
This internship is also listed under the following