American Morgan Horse Association
non-paid internship position is offered in the fall, spring and summer
Intern AMHA - Communications/Publicist Internship
Schedule: As the membership department works flex hours; this
position will work between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:30 pm
Under the general direction of the Director of Membership this position
will be responsible for managing communications activities and serving
as lead on public relations and public information including:
- Assist in the planning and implementation of advertising, public
relations and promotional campaigns.
- Coordinate the production of printed publications used in
promotion and communication areas (Excluding The Morgan Horse Magazine). Write
materials for and directs the layout of information materials such as
newsletter, bulletins, pamphlets, directories, and posters.
- Drafts press releases (at least 3 per month) and initiates,
develops, and maintains media contacts for disseminating information.
Posting press releases and other communications to the website.
- Researches materials for and writes speeches and position papers
on selected topics for award recipients and officials.
- Advises organization and works to implement public relations
course of action as well as identifies potential public relations
problems and advises on appropriate preventative actions.
- Coordinates ceremonies, press conferences, and other events or
- Work closely with AMHA clubs to publicize their activities and
- Provide monthly reports regarding activities completed.
- Ensure professional and proper conduct and image of the AMHA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Training: Candidate must be currently enrolled in college or
university pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in communications
or marketing. Equine knowledge and experience a plus.
Requirements: Microsoft Word
Morgan Horse Association
122 Bostwick Road
Shelburne, VT. 05482
Contact: Julie Broadway
Phone: 802-985-4944, ext. 26
This internship is also listed under the following