The UVM Horse Barn Co-op
Guidelines for Acceptance
The following are the guidelines that the UVM Horse Barn Executive Committee uses to determine the acceptance of students and horses into the UVM Horse Barn Cooperative:
- A completed checklist found on the last page of the application to the horse barn (recommendations, pictures, proof of rabies and negative Coggins, written essay, optional-short video)
- Past horse experience
- Demonstration of the ability to work well with others, cooperate, and provide positive group interaction skills
- Demonstration of reliability, responsibility, maturity, and a positive attitude
- Adequate availability required (weekends, nights, and school breaks)
- Availability is determined by academic major and work schedules
- Our general rule is that as a UVM student your first priority is academic schedules and requirements, and of course, family responsibilities and emergencies will always have precedence over barn obligations. When it comes to the second priority, work schedules will not be accepted as an excuse to miss pre-planned barn activities and meetings.
- A safe horse in all respects (please refer to the questions on the application). We are looking for horses that anyone can work with regardless of their horse experience and that will be safe and sane with all visitors and situations.
Last modified February 23 2016 12:36 PM